Wild Blueberry Scones
Many of us have recently discovered the pleasure of baking and sharing recipe ideas with friends and family. Here is our recipe for Wild Blueberry scones. We hope you enjoy it!Oxford is a wholesale provider of Wild Blueberries to most Canadian private labels. If the bag says they are Wild and are Canadian, they most likely are from Oxford, Nova Scotia.
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Microplane grater
- Baking sheet
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup Old-fashioned oats
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup Plain yogurt
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Turbinado sugar
- Add dry prep, then lemon zest, mix slightly with hand. Add shredded butter with the dry ingredients and use your hands until the mixture comes together as pea-sized crumbs.
- Form a bowl in centre of dry ingredients and pour blended yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Add frozen wild blueberries (keep in the freezer until ready to add) and gently fold into the dough.
- Shape the dough to a loose ball and press into a circle. Cut the circle into 8 wedges. Space scones 3 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Top scones with Turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 17-19 minutes. They should have golden brown edges and a stick inserted in the center of the scones should come out clean when done.
- Remove from oven and transfer the scones to a wire rack to cool slightly before eating.